Society

Constantine: Five people died of carbon monoxide suffocation in Ali Menjeli and the municipality of Zigoud Youcef

On the night of Friday to Saturday, a total of five (5) people, four (4) of whom belong to the same family in the administrative district of Ali Menjeli and the other in the municipality of Zighoud Youcf (north of Constantine), died of suffocation by carbon monoxide, according to a statement of the Directorate of Civil Protection in the wilaya.

The head of the Prevention Department in the same directorate, Captain Aberrahmane Lakraa, underlined that four (4) people from the same family died of suffocation by carbon monoxide emitted from a heater inside an apartment located in the administrative district of Ali Manjali.

The Civil Protection in the municipality of Zighoud Youcef also intervened in the same night to transport the body of a 31-year-old man who died of suffocation by carbon monoxide emitted from a traditional stove “Tabouna” in the Sidi Al-Arabi neighborhood in the place called “Al-Assa”.

According to the same source, the deceased person was transferred to the mortuary department at Zigoud Youcef Hospital.

For their part, the relevant regional security services have opened two investigations into the two incidents.

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button