The President of the Republic, Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, and Minister of National Defense, Mr. Abdelmadjid Tebboune, chaired, today, Sunday, a meeting of the Council of Ministers devoted to examining, monitoring and adopting draft laws and presentations related to several sectors, according to a statement of the Council of Ministers:
The full statement:
“The President of the Republic, Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, and Minister of National Defense, Mr. Abdelmadjid Tebboune, chaired today, Sunday, April 24, 2022, a meeting of the Council of Ministers devoted to examining, monitoring and adopting draft laws and presentations related to the sectors of energy, industry, communication, transport, water resources and water security.
After the opening of the session by the President of the Republic, and after listening to the presentation of the Prime Minister, on the outcome of the government’s activity in the last two weeks, the President of the Republic issued the following orders, instructions and directives:
In the communication sector:
– The President ordered the organization of the sector by enacting two separate laws, the first related to the written and electronic press, and the second to the audio-visual media.
– Accurately define the professional journalist in all media specialties, as well as the professions affiliated to the sector.
– Opening the way for professionals by involving them in the innovative vision and breaking up with the standards of the previous media landscape.
– Moralizing media work, in accordance with international media values and professional ethics.
In the energy sector:
– The President stressed that the zinc and lead mining project in Amizour (Bejaia) should take into account the production quality standards in accordance with the required environmental standards.
– Integration of qualified local labor during the project’s exploitation phases to absorb unemployment.
In the industry sector:
After an updated presentation on the various investment projects whose obstables have been removed and which reached 854 out of a total of 915 projects, with progress recorded in 15 additional new projects, the President insisted on:
– The need to continue fighting unemployment by reviving the outstanding investment projects.
– Optimum utilization of the existing industrial property, and the recovery of the unused one, for the benefit of real investors.
– Establishing a strict system for benefiting from the industrial and agricultural real estate concession.
Regarding the increase in international flights in anticipation of the summer season, the President of the Republic ordered the Minister of the Sector to:
– Review the prices of air and sea transport tickets before the summer season, for the benefit of the national community, in a way that stimulates and activates the trend towards national carriers.
– Immediate and exceptional solution to all problems related to the transportation of pilgrims.
– Review the structural system of Air Algerie, and the way it operates, in line with international standards.
– Give great importance to the professional and social status of Algerian pilots and technicians working in the field of aviation.
In the water resources and water security sector:
-The President ordered the Minister of the Sector, to launch in-depth investigations into the nature of water consumption in all fields, to prepare a national strategy for production, distribution and consumption, differentiating between individual family consumption and water consumption for commercial purposes.
-Intensify the monitoring and follow-up of those involved in water theft by imposing severe penalties on them, as water is a vital substance subsidized by the state.
Presentation on the prevalence of cellular metabolic disease and immunodeficiency among newborns:
The President instructed the Minister of Health to provide free care for 373 children with cellular metabolic disease and immunodeficiency, across 18 provinces, by providing nutritional supplements and medicines, and authorizing the central pharmacy to import and distribute medicines and nutritional supplements for their treatment system.
-The President ordered the Minister of Health to take care of rare diseases in Algeria on the expense of the state.
-Coordination with the associations specialized in rare diseases, to keep rare disease cases under the supervision of the state for early detection, follow-up and study in order to contain them and reduce their spread.
Before concluding the session, the Council of Ministers approved a number of individual agreements and decisions that include appointments to senior positions in the state.