Today, Sunday, March 27, 2022, President of the Republic, Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, Minister of National Defense Abdelmadjid Tebboune chaired a meeting of the Council of Ministers, which dealt with two draft laws related to defining the rules applicable to free zones, the management, protection and development of green spaces, in addition to offers related to the advancement of the strategy of electrical industries, and diagnosis related to drinking water, in the provinces of Algiers, Oran, Constantine and the new city of Boughezoul.
After opening the session by the President of the Republic, and listening to the presentation of the Prime Minister on the outcome of the government’s activity for the last two weeks, the Mediator of the Republic presented his periodic report on the development of the status of pending investment projects during the last two weeks, in which he stated the following:
Lifting restrictions on 813 investment projects, out of 915 counted projects, an increase of 39 projects, compared to the previous situation, which means that only 11 percent of the pending projects remain under processing.
554 investment projects entered into operation, with an increase of 57 additional new projects, since the last cabinet meeting, when the number reached 497 projects.
This allowed the creation of 2,169 new jobs, which brings the total created jobs, to 32,302, to reach 5,071 jobs, with the entry into exploitation of all projects, from which restrictions have been lifted.
Following this presentation, the President of the Republic issued the following orders, instructions and directives:
Regarding determining the rules applicable to the free zones:
– The draft law includes a complete and final break with all the contradictions and practices that Algeria knew, in the previous era, to pass successfully, to a fundamentally new economic and development stage.
– Providing all the regulatory and framing conditions for the various activities, considering this field is a new era in dealings, especially with the African ocean and its markets.
– Giving utmost importance to combating the tricks of smuggling, in order to preserve our economic capabilities, especially in light of the unprecedented global fluctuations.
– Emphasis, care and vigilance, on the strict implementation of measures to prevent the export of basic foodstuffs.
Regarding a presentation on the advancement of the electrical industries strategy:
– The President ordered the government to include what stipulates the necessity of using the national product in all projects of deals, especially with foreigners.
– The Minister of Energy ordered the inspection and inventory of all the imports of the National Electricity and Gas Company, by immediately starting to prevent the import of what is manufactured nationally, including generators, transformers, cables, and other equipment, of the required quality, to encourage the Algerian investor.
– The ministers of the sectors of industry, trade and higher education, in coordination with the Prime Minister, have ordered the creation of standardization and control laboratories for imported electrical appliances, which cause many serious household accidents, and which consume excessive energy.
– Welcoming the initiative to gather all economic operators active in the field of electrical industries, and calling for the organization of a special exhibition in these industries, to introduce them and review opportunities for creating inter-partnerships to develop their activities.
After the Council of Ministers approved a draft law related to the management and development of green spaces, the President directed the Minister of Housing and Urbanism about a presentation related to the new city of Boughezoul, in which he stressed that the infrastructure development completed in the city of Boughezoul is a technical advantage, and therefore calls for deepening the study and thinking about a future outlook, while being careful, promising and feasible, to make optimal use of the city, before embarking on its reconstruction with investment projects.
Regarding the diagnosis related to potable water, in the provinces of Algiers, Oran and Constantine:
– Water security in Algeria only happens through seawater desalination technology, so it is necessary, as a matter of utmost urgency, to expedite the process of introducing the five desalination plants, under exploitation.
– Ceasing all drilling of wells to use groundwater to supply the networks, in order to preserve the strategic stock of the current level, and not to expose the vegetation cover to environmental risks.
– Emphasis on the optimal management of dam waters, in a way that maintains a balance in the distribution between provinces.
Before concluding the session, the Council of Ministers approved a number of individual decisions related to the appointment and termination of tasks in senior positions in the province.