The President of the Republic, Supreme Head of the Armed Forces, Minister of National Defence, Mr. Abdelmadjid Tebboune chaired, on Sunday, a meeting of the Council of Ministers devoted to the examination and approval of the draft Declaration of general policy of the Government, of a number of bills, as well as two presentations relating to road safety and the digital platform of the investor, according to a press release from the Council of Ministers, of which here is the full version:
“The President of the Republic, Supreme Head of the Armed Forces, Minister of National Defence, Mr. Abdelmadjid Tebboune chaired, on Sunday, a meeting of the Council of Ministers devoted to the examination and approval of the draft Declaration of political of the Government and bills relating to the organization and functioning of the National People’s Assembly (APN) and the Council of the Nation, to the written and electronic press and to the prevention and fight against corruption, in addition to two presentations on road safety and the digital investor platform.
At the start of the meeting, Mr. President wished the new ministers welcome and success in their new functions, before giving the floor to the Prime Minister to present the report on the activity of the Government over the past two weeks.
He then gave the following guidelines and instructions:
Regarding the draft Policy Statement:
The Declaration of general policy must imperatively take into account the strategy of the State for the revival of the national economy through the strengthening of its financial capacities, by encouraging non-hydrocarbon exports as new financial resources, the rationalization of government spending and the continued commitment of the state to preserving the purchasing power of the citizen.
Regarding the draft law on the organization and functioning of the APN and the Council of the Nation:
Mr. President stressed the importance of the functional relationship between the two chambers of Parliament and the Government, insisting on hearing the members of the Government in all areas, with the exception of National Defense and State secrets in foreign relations, being areas subject to the right of reservation.
Regarding the bill on the written and electronic press:
– Mr. President highlighted the importance of a more complete organization of the written and electronic press through this law in order to distance it from any form of exploitation, in addition to the declaration of the sources of financing.
– The President of the Republic affirmed that the mechanisms provided for by the draft law on the written press and the electronic press are based on a logic of protection for journalists and aim to develop the information sector.
– The President has ordered the grouping of public printing companies within the framework of a new management plan providing for placing these companies under the supervision of a single establishment which could be called the National Printing Company.
Regarding the bill on the prevention and fight against corruption:
– Justice is the one and only power empowered to rule on cases of corruption. It is the one and only source responsible for setting up legal mechanisms to prevent society against this scourge.
– Creation of a National Agency in charge of the recovery of confiscated assets and funds, as a new mechanism to be placed under the supervision of the Ministries of Finance and Justice.
Regarding the presentation on the digital investor platform:
– The main objective is to guarantee the transparency that must be realized on the ground through the mechanism of the digital investor platform
– The investor’s digital platform must be one of the support mechanisms for identifying industrial land and directing it to eligible investors.
– The last deadline for the creation of the one-stop investment window is set for the end of September in order to have precise statistics allowing the development of a management plan based on the prospective, and to facilitate, at the same time, investment.
Regarding the road safety briefing:
– The President of the Republic affirmed that road accidents required a coercive solution given the proportions that this phenomenon has taken recently, and this through:
– The application of the heaviest penalties for cases of proven non-compliance with the Highway Code, an offense qualified as a crime.
– Technical control of transport vehicles every three months.
– The strengthening of control over bus transport companies, through the imperative rotation of drivers for long journeys and the removal of the commercial register of offending companies.
– Apply the heaviest penalties to parties involved in issuing driver’s licenses to unqualified applicants.
At the end of the meeting, the President of the Republic gave his guidelines to the Government, particularly to the new ministers, to work tirelessly to relaunch the sectors for which they are responsible, in line with the aspirations of the citizens, especially since the magnitude of the challenges calls for greater expertise, performance, dedication and compliance with standards, through:
– The acquisition, as soon as possible, of planes and ships in support of air and maritime lines, from Algeria to international destinations.
– The final processing of files submitted for the opening of private air and maritime transport companies, meeting international standards.
– The putting into operation, as soon as possible, of private aircraft confiscated by court order, in the context of corruption cases, under the supervision of specialized national companies, in the context of the general interest.
– The acceleration of the pace of works for the realization of railway line projects, through the regions included in the new plan.
– The reformulation of a new strategy for the pharmaceutical industry sector, through the consolidation of local production, with a view to covering the national market, then the development of an export plan.
– The acceleration and permanent monitoring of projects for the construction of new seawater desalination stations.
– The digitization of tax services and State domains, before the end of 2022, for the sake of protecting the rights of the State and combating opacity and all forms of tax evasion in these two sectors, which constitutes a heavy burden on the public expenditures.
– The opening of hospitals already built across several wilayas of the country and the launch of projects scheduled in Oran, Constantine and Algiers.
– The realization, as soon as possible, of the Algerian-German-Qatari partnership for the construction of a hospital meeting international standards in Algiers.
– Supervision by the Prime Minister of the coordination between the Secretary General of the Presidency of the Republic, the Secretary General of the Government and the Minister of the Interior, with a view to codifying the mechanisms for removing bureaucratic obstacles on projects, on the basis of previous experiences and for the sake of avoiding blocking situations.
Finally, the Council of Ministers approved decrees and individual decisions on the appointment and termination of functions for higher state functions”.