President of the Republic, Supreme Chief of the Armed Forces, Minister of National Defense, Mr. Abdelmadjid Tebboune, chaired, today, Sunday, a cabinet meeting devoted to examining, discussing and approving draft laws related to several sectors, according to a cabinet statement, the full text of which is:
“The President of the Republic, Supreme Chief of the Armed Forces, Minister of National Defense, Mr. Abdelmadjid Tebboune, chaired today, Sunday, July 03, 2022, a cabinet meeting, devoted to examining, discussing and approving of draft laws related to freedom of unions, the exercise of the trade union right, the general basic law of public service, and the protection and monitoring and tracking the course of international and local trade, in addition to a presentation on the development projects of barite mines.
After listening to the presentation of the Prime Minister on the government activity in the last two weeks, the President of the Republic gave his directives and orders in various sectors, as follows:
Regarding the draft law containing the General Basic Law of Public Service:
– The President of the Republic commended the content of the General Basic Law of Public Service, as he approved for the first time the granting of a holiday with the aim of setting-up a company, which would facilitate access to the world of entrepreneurship, especially for young people who aspire to impose themselves in the new economic dynamic based on diversity.
Regarding the sector of Labor, Employment and Social Security:
– Regarding the draft law on freedom of unions and the exercise of the trade union right, the President of the Republic ordered the Minister of Labour, Employment and Social Security to continue enriching this important project aimed at organizing union work, taking into account the following directives:
– It shall regulate the trade union activity, and eliminate the negative practices witnessed by the country in this field.
– It shall provide a clearer and more accurate definition of the modalities of establishing trade unions, the conditions for joining them, and the sectors covered by the exercise of the trade union right.
– It shall include a chapter on the concept of strike in the field of work, and define its conditions and legal controls.
– It shall end union roaming, and not mix union and political practice, as each field has its own clear legal framework.
Regarding the protection, control and tracking of the course of international and domestic trade:
– The President of the Republic stressed that the protection of endangered animal wealth and products, and wild plants, is within a comprehensive national vision.
– The President ordered the preparation of a draft law establishing a higher council for import control, under the aegis of the Prime Minister, entrusted with the tasks of determining materials, goods and products destined for the national market, the mechanism of its work being in an interactive manner that takes into account the increase or decrease of the national product.
Regarding Barite Mine Development Projects:
After the presentation by the Minister of Energy and Mines of the projects for the development of barite in Algeria, the President ordered:
– The expansion of the barite exploration map to the southernmost provinces.
– The construction of secondary and temporary roads for trucks with a load of more than 20 tons, transporting the products of the Ghar Jbilat mine towards the north, in order to preserve the paved road, pending the completion of the railway line.
Regarding the agreement between the Government of the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria and the Republic of Italy, to open an Italian school in Algeria:
The Council of Ministers approved the opening of an Italian school in Algeria.
– The President of the Republic ordered the opening of Italian cultural centers, with the aim of teaching the Italian language, in the major cities of Annaba, Constantine, Oran, Ouargla and Bechar.
Before concluding the cabinet meeting, the President of the Republic gave general directions to the government, which included:
– Expanding the capacities of storing grains nationally, especially in the provinces with large production, and preventing storage in uncovered places, in order to raise the strategic national reserve of grains.
– Working to enhance the production of containers locally, given their current scarcity in the international markets.
– Accelerating the reinforcement of Algeria’s air and sea fleets.
– Opening more lines to African and European countries.