President of the Republic, Mr. Abdelmadjid Tebboune, chaired, today Tuesday, a meeting to assess the epidemiological situation in Algeria, according to a press release issued by the Presidency of the Republic.
According to the press release, the meeting was held in the presence of Prime Minister and Ministers of Internal affairs, Local Communities and Urban Planning, Religious Affairs and Endowments, Communication, Public Works and Transportation, Health and Population and Hospital Reform, Pharmaceutical Industry, and the Secretary of State to the Minister of Health, Population and Hospital Reform, officials of security services, as well as members of the Scientific Committee to follow up and monitor the spread of Covid-19 pandemic.
The communiqué added that after opening the session, the President of the Republic gave the floor to the Prime Minister to present the epidemiological situation in the country, after which the President gave the following orientations:
- The necessity to provide accurate statistics from each province, and to take into account the infection hotspots in the neighborhood, to make decisions based on accurate numbers, and to initiate an immediate epidemiological investigation on the forms of mutated viruses in Algeria.
- Enhancing the awareness campaigns on a largest scale and respecting the preventive measures, provided that the awareness includes all public spaces and facilities, especially educational institutions, mosques, markets, shops, and means of transportation.
- Emphasizing the enforcement of violations, and intensifying supervision to respect the precautionary measures.
- Maintaining the utmost concern for the land, sea and air borders, while raising the level of vigilance daily.
- Regarding the national stock of vaccines, and the frequency of vaccination, the President ordered to accelerate the pace of vaccination nationally, and to proceed immediately and with maximum speed in implementing the project to manufacture Sputnik V vaccine.