Society

Setif: 04 people died of gas suffocation, another rescued in Ain Azal

Four members of one family died of suffocation from carbon monoxide gas emitted by the heating system in their home in the municipality of Ain Azal (50 km south of Setif), according to Civil Protection services.

The person in charge of information and communication with the province Directorate of Civil Protection, First Lieutenant Lyes Kaded, explained that the matter concerns the mother (32 years old) and her three children, two sons and a girl, aged between 2 and 10 years, while the 33-year-old father, who is still unconscious, was rescued and transferred to the hospital.

For its part, the relevant regional security services have opened an investigation into the circumstances of this incident.

It is noteworthy that three (3) people died of asphyxiation by gases emitted from heating devices and water heaters in the province of Setif in the period from January 1 to the end of October of this year.

During the same period, these accidents also caused the injury of 100 other people who were rescued after inhaling burning gases, according to the same source.

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button